White Fences Inn in the hamlet Water Mill, which is part of the Town of Southampton- New York, is dedicated to the comfort and enjoyment of all guests at our B&B inn. Please read our policies to learn more about what to expect when you stay at our luxury bed and breakfast in the Hamptons.
Safeguarding Our Guests
We want all our guests to feel safe, comfortable and confident while staying with us. As seasoned hospitality hosts we have taken precautions and preventive measures in line with World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations along with State, Federal and local guidelines to ensure that a clean, safe, healthy environment is provided for our guests and staff.
Please be assured we always adhere to best practices and highest standards to ensure that any and all commonly touched surfaces throughout the hotel is thoroughly washed, cleaned, and sanitized throughout the day. Proper handwashing is also of great importance in the prevention of spreading germs, and we will continue to remind our guests and be vigilant with staff about these basic hygienic principles. As we have changed how we operate in order to be socially responsible, we wanted to share everything we are doing to reassure you it is safe to stay with us.
- Our employees have undergone specific Coronavirus training to ensure the highest levels of health and safety, and hygiene procedures.
- Employees have been trained to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer every 60 minutes and immediately after any of the following activities: using the restroom, touching the face, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, eating, drinking, after removing any personal protective equipment, going on break and before starting a shift.
- Employees must have their temperature checked before entering the workplace. If an employee is showing symptoms of COVID-19 such as a fever, cough or shortness of breath, they have been advised to NOT come to work.
- Additional hand sanitizing dispensers have been placed in common areas as well as in employee back-of-house areas.
- Every employee is required to wear a mask while on property and use gloves. All employees have been provided training on proper usage and disposal of such items.
- Employees have also been asked to practice physical distancing whenever possible.Arrival Experience-All guests will be asked to utilize hand sanitizer located throughout the property, wear a mask at all times they are outside of their room (subject to local ordinances), practice physical distancing and limit contact with employees as much as possible.Cleaning
- We are spending extra time using sanitizing methods in advance of your arrival and our staff will avoid entering a room that has been cleaned.
- Our disinfectant products meet EPA criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- We have added additional cleaning to increase the frequency of deep cleaning and disinfecting surfaces of public touch points throughout the day including but not limited to door knobs, handles, faucets, hand rails, pool chairs, counters, dining surfaces and seating areas.
- All checkout rooms are sanitized & disinfected following strict industry cleaning procedures with particular attention paid to door handles, hard surface furniture, tables, nightstands, furniture knobs and handles, light switches and thermostats, shade pull handles, remote control, television, faucet handles, toilet and shower handles. Once we leave a room that has been cleaned, we know it is sterile. If you require your room to be serviced during your stay, please let us know at least a day in advance and we will service it for you.
- If you need extra linen/towels, please contact us and they will be placed in a plastic bag outside of your guestroom door.
- All laundry will be washed using the warmest appropriate water setting as recommended by the CDC.
- Employees have been trained to sanitize their tools/equipment before, during and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to another employee. These items include but are not limited to keys, cleaning equipment, time clocks, and other items employees directly touch throughout the property
White Fences in Water Mill is a very exclusive property where every guest reservation is both important and special to us.
Deposit: An advance payment of 50% of your stay plus tax (11.625%) is collected upon reservation. One night stays are payable in full at time of booking.
If your travel plans change and you must cancel your reservation, please call us 14 days (45 days during summer season and holidays) prior to your arrival date to cancel your reservation. We will refund your deposit, less a $100 ($200 in June, July, August & September) processing fee.
In the unlikely event that you must cancel with less than a 14 (45 days during summer season) days notice, shorten your stay or check out early, please understand that you will be responsible for your entire reservation. If we can rebook your room(s), a full or partial refund may be made less applicable processing fees. Cancellation balance due will be charged to the credit card on file. We cannot accept responsibility for inclement weather, changes in travel plans, personal sickness or injury, family emergencies, etc. * Due to Covid -If you should become ill within the cancellation policy we will issue a credit to be issued that can be used within a year.
We strongly encourage guests to consider the purchase of outside trip insurance in the event that an emergency impedes your travel plans.
Rates/policies are subject to change and vary during high impact periods and special requests.
Group Bookings and Room Blocks
Due to our limited inventory we do not “block” or “put on hold” any room without a 50% deposit. For reservations by the same party involving two or more rooms, we require the balance to be paid sixty (90) days in advance of scheduled arrival. A cancellation for any reason prior to 60 days in advance of scheduled arrival of a multi-room reservation will result in a refund, less a $200/room cancellation fee, within 60 days you will be responsible for full payment.
Please be aware that a group booking is not a “whole house rental” due to insurance and licensing provisions. The use of the kitchen and owner’s private quarters and office spaces are not available for any rental.
Children ages 10 and above are welcome at White Fences Inn
Pets are not permitted. (Owners have a dog.) Service animals are, by law, welcome. A service animal is a dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. Service animals must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered. Damage caused by a service animal will incur a minimum $100 charge for repair/cleaning, up to the total amount required to restore the room to prior condition.